la familia

May 2, 2011
This past weekend was a blast for me! We all headed down to Vincennes for two special occasions this weekend, but most of all it mean some quality family time for all of us. As I progress to be an old fart, these times seem to grow a little further apart then what I'd like, but that may just because I'm slowly getting busier. I mean, I did visit family just two weeks ago, so I guess I can't complain too much! But anyways, on to the weekend!
Friday was the beginning of the adventure for us. We headed out after Barbie got off work, and took the 4 hour drive south. It's always exciting to get away from all of your responsibilities, even if it's just for a short while. Before I knew it, we were climbing back in the car on this gloomy Monday morning to make the 4 hour trek back home and back to reality. But in between those days, we got to celebrate two pretty awesome events for our family. Sunday morning consisted of the blessing of Savannah, who is probably the tiniest baby and cutest little girl I've ever seen. I seriously wanted to eat her up! After that we headed over to VU and watched Melissa graduate. After her long journey, it was pretty exciting to watch her walk across the stage and officially graduate! Overall though, it was a fun weekend! Family weekends often go too fast, but they are always a blast!
(seriously, I could EAT HER UP!)

3 comments:

Barb Zinn said...

It was fun wasn't it.
Thanks for driving home!

Amanda said...

good pics of the cutie girl! Good to see you this weekend!

The Lough Family said...

I agree that she's the sweetest baby! Oh and by the way, she's been awake for the last 4 hours. She apparently can't sleep now that she's not being held.