rain rain...

April 25, 2011
SERIOUSLY RAIN! GET OUT OF MY FACE! It honestly has rained all but two days for the past two weeks, and the forecast calls for more rain until Friday! Disgusting... doesn't mother nature know this is my favorite time to golf?! I've only played one round all year... cut me some slack! But with the rain came a new discovery this past week... Apparently the weather seal along my car decided it no longer wants to be efficient at preventing water from entering my vehicle. I ran in to Meijer's the other day and came out to notice a waterfall happening right in the middle of my roof. Along the car ride home, I discovered more leaking happening along the door! I should look at it on the bright side though... I have my own mobile swimming pool!


Last week Target offered a free health screening to all of it's team members. I signed up for my slot, only because I heard there was free food attached to the deal. The process took about 10 minutes, and all they needed to do was prick your finger and get some blood. They put your blood on this little tray and inserted into this machine and it would calculate all kinds of different interesting numbers. When my results came out, I was expecting to just be average... middle of the pack type stuff. I don't really eat super healthy... not too many fruits and hardly any vegetables, so when my numbers came out I was pretty shocked. She said my numbers were phenomenal for my age, and that if I just maintained my eating habits that I would be healthy for a long time. Kind of funny, since my diet often consists of mom's cookies and junk food... but I'll take it!
Last Saturday and friend from work and I went to the zoo on opening day. It was the first nice day in a few weeks, and not a more perfect day to open the zoo for the year. The place was packed, and it took quit a while to even get in to the park. Once we did, we made our way around the park. It's been probably a good 4 years since the last time I have been to the zoo, so there was a lot of new and exciting things I haven't seen before. The African exhibit has expanded big time. They added this cool sky lift ride where you get to go above the entire African area and see all the fun animals. (You can see the chords that support the ride behind the lion in the picture) They don't take you over any scary animals like the lions or tigers, but it's still really neat. A lot of the animals weren't out yet, since it still was pretty "chilly" out. The giraffe's were probably the coolest, and for the low price of a dollar you could feed them lettuce. They have this fun little platform that you stand on, and the giraffes will just come right up to it and take it out of your hand. It's so crazy to see some of these animals so close!
I really should probably appreciate the zoo a little more than I did. Apparently we have one of the top children's zoo in the nation! Who knew?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I hear you on the rain. So. annoying.
See you this weekend!

Barb Zinn said...

Sounds like the "rain" needs to go away for more than one reason.....sure don't want you to float away in your car!