...

April 20, 2011
So... how are you guys? Good? Ahem... yeah, this is a little awkward. Yeah yeah yeah... SHUT UP! I know I sucked it up with that whole "GET FIT!!! ARGH!!!!!" blog, but oh well. I'm still avoiding soda and fast food, so that's a bonus! Right?! Well, I'll keep telling myself that... So I decided to transform this into a traditional "blog" instead of a themed blog that I've had in the past. Weird, right? How interesting can a 21-year-old life be? I know I'm not married or have any kids like the stander blogger blogs about, but we'll see how this turns out. If there aren't any posts for weeks, just assume that absolutely nothing has happened... :)
Last weekend we had the chance to go up to Columbus to spend the weekend celebrating Owen's first birthday. Let me tell you, I put together the best looking cracker tray I've EVER seen! Catering companies have actually already been in contact with me to come to weddings and graduation parties to put together cracker trays. It's a tough life I live, I tell ya... But the kid is so stinking cute! I seriously want to eat him up every time I see him! The weekend was too short though, and it seemed like we left just as fast as we came. Thanks to Marnie though for being such a good host! It is so much fun being so close to family and to have the chance to see them so often. I'm pretty sure it's your turn to come see us now Goates' family! We've been there the past two times, now it's your turn to come see us!
Yesterday I figured I would use my manly ways and be a handyman around the house. As some of you may know, the bathroom fan in the main bathroom has seen better days, and recently sounded like a Boeing 747 taking off any time you turned it on. I headed off to Lowe's having no idea what I was doing, but I pretending like I knew what I was shopping for. Who knew that bathroom fans came in so many shapes and sizes? I just picked up a pretty decent looking one off the shelf and figured it was going to just slide in... hah! My fan was the wrong size, so I took it back and Eric picked one up from Menards. The installation process was a PAIN! We had to go from the top, which required climbing in the attic above the craft room and laying on 2x4's while hammering out the old one. The nails they used to secure it were all mangled so just pulling them out wasn't an option. After about 3 hours of rough manliness, we managed to get the new one up there. There's still some "work" to be done, but at least we have a bathroom fan!

You better step ya game up mom! I'm going to be writing about all this stuff that you planned on blogging about!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

CAM! A post! Sorry about the hole around the fan but good job getting a new one in. Thanks for coming to the party. Owen and I are coming to visit in June so just hold up!

Barb Zinn said...

Cameron......you need to post about the biometric health screening at work today.....YOUR numbers were outstanding so don't be so hard.
The fan......nice to have a new one in now we just have to figure out how to repair the hole and get my craft room back together. I have AMAZING children who do AMAZING things......do you think you could put in a bathroom floor with your "manly" qualities!???

Barb Zinn said...

P.S. I am too busy posting April Birthdays to do anything else. April is a month filled with family birthdays!